Zucchini and Mint Raita
This Zucchini and Mint Raita is a cooling, healthy and delicious yogurt salad that acts as a perfect accompaniment to Veg Biryani or Pulao rice. The zucchini brings in some much needed crunch to the dish. In my case, it served as a easy replacement for cucumber since I didn’t have any stocked in the fridge. The addition of spices gives a zing to this delicious yogurt based dip. On that green note, wishing all the readers a Merry Christmas!
Recipe Details :
Serves: 2-3 pax
Time: 20 mins
- 1 zucchini, grated
- 10 mint leaves
- 1 cup Greek yogurt or homemade curd
- 1/2 – 1 tsp freshly grated pepper
- Salt to taste
- Grate the zucchini on the largest grooves of the grater.
- Finely chop the mint leaves (without the stem).
- Whisk the yogurt until smooth.
- Add a little salt and pepper to season the yogurt.
- Now add the zucchini and mint to the whisked yogurt and mix well.
- Refrigerate it for at least 30 mins.
- Before serving, taste, and add salt and pepper according to your preference.
- This raita is amazing to serve with rice preparations or rotis.
- You can add some spice to the raita by adding red chilli flakes.
- Letting the raita sit in the fridge is important – preferably do not skip this step. It helps the flavours meld.