When the weather gets warm, you need a go-to summer drink. Ideally, it should be one you can make easily, in bulk, and store so that you can sip it whenever you want. Strawberries work perfectly with lemons to make a great refreshing drink. Try it and you will end up liking it berry much!
Recipe Details :
Makes: 4-5 glasses
Time: 20 mins
- 2 cups water
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice
- 10-12 strawberries, hulled and halved
- 1 tbsp grated lemon peel
- 2 cups cold sparkling water
- Mint leaves for garnish (optional)
- Take a medium saucepan and mix the sugar into the water. Bring it to a gentle boil. Reduce the heat and let it simmer till the sugar dissolves completely.
- Switch off the flame and remove the saucepan from the heat.
- Let the mixture cool a little. Add the lemon peel and lemon juice and stir well.
- Once the mixture cools completely, strain it into a clean pitcher.
- In a blender, puree the strawberries into a fine mixture and add it into the pitcher with the lemon juice. Stir the juice well and refrigerate.
- To serve, pour some of the chilled mixture in a serving glass and top it off with sparkling water. Stir well and garnish with mint leaves.
- Let the sugar syrup cool before adding the lemon juice and peel.
- If you want a smoother drink, you can strain the strawberry puree through a fine mesh.